The pharmaceutical industry is under increasing pressure for change, seeking a balance between the roles of: public service, the containment of pharmaceutical costs and competitive dynamics.
From one side, the aging of populations is driving healthcare expenses containment, putting pressure on cost reduction. On the other side, the reduction in the number of blockbusters and generic competition is gradually shifting the market towards the specialized care products and pushing for the search of synergies through merger and acquisition operations. In an always changing regulatory environment, even differentiated between European Countries, with an increasing restrictions of access to physicians and liberalization of drug distribution.
We're constantly working alongside the management of the main companies of the pharmaceutical industry on issues most relevant to the success of their business:
- Reducing costs
- Managing the life cycle of "mature" products whose volumes and margins are eroded by generic
- Increasing the productivity and effectiveness of the sales force through targeted programs and more flexibility (contract sales force)
- Safeguarding margin erosion resulting from Parallel Trade
- Offering a fast and effective response towards regulatory changes
- Managing a rapid and efficient administration of post-merger integration
- Safeguarding the access to distribution channels
At EUROGROUP CONSULTING, we are able to provide clients with clear answers, to support pharmaceutical companies to solve complex problems and implement change processes that ensure performance excellence.